Research Methods in EducationThis thoroughly updated and extended eighth edition of the long-running bestseller Research Methods in Education covers the whole range of methods employed by educational research at all stages. Its five main parts cover the context of educational research; research design; methodologies for educational research; methods of data collection; and data analysis and reporting. It continues to be the go-to text for students, academics and researchers who are undertaking, understanding and using educational research and has been translated into several languages. It offers plentiful and rich practical advice, underpinned by clear theoretical foundations, research evidence and up-to-date references, and it raises key issues and questions for researchers planning, conducting, reporting and evaluating research.
This edition contains new chapters on:
- Mixed methods research
- The role of theory in educational research
- Ethics in Internet research
- Research questions and hypotheses
- Internet surveys
- Virtual worlds, social network software and netography in educational research
- Using secondary data in educational research
- Statistical significance, effect size and statistical power
- Beyond mixed methods: using Qualitative Comparative Analysis (QCA) to integrate cross‑case and within-case analyses.